There are approximately 2000 days between birth and kindergarten. Make them count.
Every child should begin life and begin school healthy and ready to learn. In order to help each child realize his or her full potential, we support parents as their child’s first teacher, access to quality early learning environments, and promotion of positive child health.
Vision and Mission
Johnson County is a safe and healthy community in which to learn, work, and live.
Johnson County Empowerment leads the community in removing barriers to a safe and healthy community by:
- identifying needs in education, health, and human services
- maintaining, expanding, and coordinating resources to address those need
- promoting and facilitating collaboration
- evaluating and continuously improving efforts to advance our vision
The Community Plan is the ‘roadmap’ for the local early childhood system. The plan identifies community assets, common needs, and gaps in services. In cooperation with community partners, other agencies, programs and services, the Johnson County Empowerment/Early Childhood Area Board utilizes the plan to assist in program planning, identifying potential collaborations, and making funding decisions.
Together, we will achieve these strategic objectives:
- Secure and Nurturing Early Education Environments
- Safe and Nurturing Families and Homes
- Children Healthy & Ready to Succeed in School
What we’ve been talking about lately:
FY22 Outdoor Equipment Grants Available! See information below- Funding has been allocated. New applications will be placed on a wait list.
Seeking Board Members!
Board App 2021
855 S. Dubuque Street, Suite 202B
Iowa City, IA 52240