he School Ready Scholarship program offers assistance to parents in paying for a quality pre-kindergarten educational experience for their child. Scholarships are available for children ages 3, 4, and 5 who will be starting kindergarten during Fall 2017 or Fall 2018 and who meet eligibility guidelines. Applications received by July 1, 2018, will receive priority. After that date, applications will be considered on a first-received, first-considered basis.
- Family gross income at or below 200% of federal poverty level
- Age 3, 4 or 5 and scheduled to begin kindergarten Fall 2019 or Fall 2020
- Not eligible for State Child Care Assistance, Promise Jobs funding, or Statewide Voluntary Preschool Program for this care
- Child must reside in Johnson County
- Families apply directly for the program
- Families must obtain agreement from their child’s care provider to accept Empowerment reimbursement
- Families are responsible for following their contract with the provider
- Families are responsible for any tuition and fees above what the School Ready Scholarship provides
Provider Responsibility for Early Education/Preschool Program – Each early education program will enter into a contract with Empowerment agreeing to:
- Identify a quality rating measure, obtain the qualification, and provide documentation to Empowerment
- Be reimbursed at their current rate
- Collect from the family any fees assessed directly to the family
- Provide Empowerment with performance measure data as required by the state
For further information about this program, contact:
Click here for a fillable, printable, email-able application!
Click here for a list of our current providers. If you don’t see your provider listed, please contact us.