Johnson County is a place where all people share responsibility for creating safe and healthy conditions in which to learn, work, and live. There are multiple Empowerment programs dedicated to ensuring young children are properly nurtured and stimulated in safe and healthy environments so that they are ready to learn and succeed when they enter kindergarten.
These support programs generally fall into three areas of focus: Child Health, Early Education, and Parent Education.
Connecting families with resources to succeed.
- Family Support Home Visitation Program
- Neighborhood Centers of Johnson County – Latino
- Children’s Center for Therapy – Manantial
- United Action for Youth – Teen Parent Services
Linking programs and overcoming barriers to access.
Providing tools and strategies to prepare for kindergarten.
- School Ready Scholarships
- Home Ties Child Care
- Childcare Alliance Response Team (CART)
- Wraparound Preschool
- 4Cs Child Care Provider Supports
- 4Cs Positive Environments for Positive Behaviors
- HACAP Head Start Expansion
The More You Know
A compilation of some of the child/family/parenting/adult education classes in Johnson County.
This page includes links to product recalls, important announcements, public forums, and other items that may be of interest.